Going to an escape room like Escapology, which offers top Memphis room escape games experience, is always a great way to spend time with your friends or family. Of course, there’s some escape room etiquette that needs to be observed to make sure the game goes off without a hitch. Here’s what you need to know before going to an escape room and how to practice utmost etiquette.
• Arrive at the venue early to understand the basics of the escape room. Even better, you can discuss the rules with your teammates. Keep in mind that you’re not allowed to bring any possessions into the game such as cell phones or bags. Therefore, you can find a good and safe locker to store your items before the game starts.
• You need to be a cooperative team member since these games require participation from everyone in the game. Being a sole player will not win you anything, and every phase of the game involves team participation to win the challenge. Always listen to what other team members have to say and mention your ideas too.
• When in the escape room, always utilize your time correctly since it is limited. Make sure you’re solving a challenge every second and use logical thinking efficiently. If you sit idle, you will be wasting time that can be used to win the game.
• Always remain calm because as the time runs out, it’s easy enough to get angry and stressed. Eventually, you might start shouting and misbehaving with the teammates. Well, keep in mind that this is a game and if you want to win you need to be polite, calm and logical. Everything will fall into place with time.
• When inside the room avoid using force or strength. Since clues might be hidden anywhere, you’re not allowed to remove furniture forcefully, twist the decors or throw things around. You should avoid any damage when looking for clues to solve your puzzles.
• If you solve a clue, don’t hide it from the rest of the team. Since it’s an equal participation game, all of you need to contribute. Alert everyone in the group of your find and use that clue to finish the game effortlessly.
• Don’t sit around and wait for everyone else to complete the game. Your participation isn’t voluntary. Indeed, if there’s a prize to be won at the end of the game, your teammates will not share with you if you didn’t lift a finger to do anything. Therefore, contribute as much as you can to solve all the puzzles.
• Make sure you have eaten and relieved yourself before going to the escape room. Note that, you’re not allowed to get out until the puzzle is completed. Therefore, failure to do so means the clock has to run out before the doors are opened. It’s tough to solve any puzzles when you have to go to the bathroom and one or two hours can be too long to wait. Therefore, prepare yourself mentally and physically for the game for the best results. Here are some tips below to give you a quick head start on the game: